Upgrade the RSSD database, start with the ID server.
- Install the new software for replication server version 15 on your system. Put it in a new directory e.g /progs/torigodb/syb_rs15. After gunzipping and untarring the rep server tar ball run ./setup –console:
– Accept the license agreement and select Full installation.
– Answer no to “Will licenses be obtained from the License server”.
– No to configure email alerts
– No to start a sample rep server
- You can then install any required Sybase patches, e.g ESD1
- Generate a license key (through sybase.subscribenet.com) and store it in the SYSAM-2_0/licences directory.
- Copy any custom scripts over from the old repserver, e.g .cshrc, repscripts etc, and modify as necessary, i.e change SYBASE path etc.
- Run “rs_helpsub” from the rssd database to verify that all subscriptions are valid. The status only needs to be Valid at the replicate replication server.
- Copy the interfaces file (or interfaces) from the pre version 15 to the version 15 installation.
- Log on the RSSD ASE server and grant the primary user the sa_role “grant role sa_role to <username>” if it doesn’t already have it. You can determine the name of the primary user by looking into the configuration file, at the keyword RSSD_primary_user.
- Log on to the replication server and run “admin health” to see if everything is ok.
- Shutdown the replication server, backup the RSSD database then restart the replication server.
- Leave repserver running.
- Set the environment variable $SYBASE to the new REP15 installation directory
- Set the environment variable SYBASE_REP to REP-15_0
- Start $SYBASE/$SYBASE_REP/install/rs_init (rs_init)
- Select “Configure a Server product” -> “Replication server” -> “Upgrade an existing replication server”.
- Answer all the questions. The configuration file should be the path and filename of the old config file.
- Do Ctrl-A to start.
After a succesfull upgrade
- Repoint the replication server paths to the new installation and copy the old runserver file to it’s new location. Make sure to change the paths in the runserver file to pick up the new version 15 executable and correct config files etc. Also copy over the old config file.
- Fix or copy any other files bespoke files, You need to update the file $SYBASE/config/objectid.dat file and add a line similar to